April 09, 2020
Simple ways to use Marketplace coverage to improve your health
Now that you have Marketplace health coverage, learn what you can do to stay healthy and get the care you need:
Tips for staying healthy
- Make time for physical activity, healthy eating, relaxation, and sleep.
- Get the preventive services that are right for you.
- Don’t forget to schedule follow-up visits. Ask your provider to notify you in advance when recommended health screenings should occur.
- If you have questions or concerns between visits, just call your provider. It’s their job to help answer questions you have about your health.
Tips for getting proper care
- You can get health care many different places, including the emergency department. But it’s best to get routine care and recommended preventive services from a primary care provider. They’ll work with you to ensure you get the right services, manage chronic conditions, and improve your general health and well-being.
- Generally, you can find primary care providers in offices, clinics, and health centers.
- Not all types of providers and facilities take all insurance plans or types of coverage. Before you make an appointment, call the office to make sure they accept your coverage.
Read the (PDF, 698 KB) for tips and information on putting your health first, knowing where to go for care, and preparing for appointments.